Prev: Stealth and Countermeasures... Next: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 1999 05:09:47 GMT
Subject: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles

On Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:26:54 +0000 (GMT), Tom Anderson
<thomas.anderson@university-college.oxford.ac.uk> wrote:

>so, for a constant projectile energy and vehicle weight, the recoil
>produced by a gun is proportional to the square root of its mass. thus,
if
>we use a smaller round, we get less recoil *even though we are putting
the
>same amount of energy into it*. we are also more power efficient, as
less
>energy is going into recoil.

THANK YOU!!! This is what I was getting at in my previous posts. You can
impart a fair amount of energy with a very small mass, and get very
little
recoil in return. Not zero recoil, but little recoil.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Stealth and Countermeasures... Next: Re: GEV and Grav Vehicles