Prev: Star keeper/assigner Next: Re: A good altitude for Ortillery? Math and astrophysics guys help out

Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

From: PERRYG1@a...
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 18:12:11 EST
Subject: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

<<
 Having watched missile batteries tracking F117s I don't think stealth
is that
 much use on the battlefield. Where it currently appears to be most
useful is
 for strikes into enemy areas if the enemy aren't that technologically
 advanced. >>

Keep in mind that the F-117 is a 20+ year old design. I think your right

about it's decreasing utility/survivability against a technologically
advanced or "aware" opponent in the coming decade or so. I think though,
in
situations in which you have been able to take down the opponent's C3I
assets, it still has it's deep-strike role to play though at a
significantly
higher risk.

Perry

Prev: Star keeper/assigner Next: Re: A good altitude for Ortillery? Math and astrophysics guys help out