Prev: RE: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!] Next: GEVs/Grav/Arty

re: RE: Tech Levels (was: GEV and Grav Vehicles)

From: "David Reeves" <davidar@n...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:38:47 -0500
Subject: re: RE: Tech Levels (was: GEV and Grav Vehicles)

> Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:47:42 -0500
> From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@dscc.dla.mil>
> Subject: RE: Tech Levels (was: GEV and Grav Vehicles)
>
> And tech levels do not always provide an accurate picture.
>
> Consider the Human/Kra'Vak differences.
>
> Kra'Vak have an edge in Engines, Railguns and Armor.
>
> Humans have an edge in System Diversity, Energy Weapons and Screens.
>
> As I see it, the Kra'Vak and Humans are at about the same tech level.
Hum=
> ans
> opted for diversity while the Kra'Vak refined  (perfected?) a few
systems.

> I envision that the Humans will, eventually, win the war with the
Kra'Vak.
> It is much easier to solve a problem by adaptation than refinement.

we are actually saying the same thing, tomato/tomatoe.	although
i did not elaborate much, i refer to tech levels not in a global sense,
but in particular areas as you suggest.  the point i was attempting to
stress was that everyone's universe needs to determine how situations
like
stealth/dection are handled.

different races operate differently and the creator determines what
"bent" they have.  as you said above, the humans in GZG adapted thru
diverse means, while the kra'vak refined a few systems.  those are
racial bents/characteristics.  i appreciate you describing this
distinction,
since it provides more ways for me to design races.

david

Prev: RE: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!] Next: GEVs/Grav/Arty