Prev: re: GEV and Grav Vehicles Next: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

RE: Tech Levels (was: GEV and Grav Vehicles)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 12:47:42 -0500
Subject: RE: Tech Levels (was: GEV and Grav Vehicles)

And tech levels do not always provide an accurate picture.

Consider the Human/Kra'Vak differences.

Kra'Vak have an edge in Engines, Railguns and Armor.

Humans have an edge in System Diversity, Energy Weapons and Screens.

As I see it, the Kra'Vak and Humans are at about the same tech level.
Humans
opted for diversity while the Kra'Vak refined  (perfected?) a few
systems.

I envision that the Humans will, eventually, win the war with the
Kra'Vak.
It is much easier to solve a problem by adaptation than refinement.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/gzg/
-----

[snip]

This note is not to directly pick on you Thomas, but to point out that
> everyone's FT/DS2/SG2 universe should work out relative tech factors
> for things like sensors/detection, etc.  a simple rule for stealth is
that

> the level purchased is the effective signature to races of the same
tech
> level.  for each tech level greater than the enemy, stealth = +1
(minimum
> signature = 1).  for each less than the enemy, stealth = -1 (minimum
> stealth = 0).  for example, it is possible for an advanced race to
ignore
> a lesser races stealth!  one's universe, therefore, must assign
general
> tech levels to each race.
>
> david

Prev: re: GEV and Grav Vehicles Next: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]