Prev: Re: [SG2] DESPERATE: Seeking 20mm Miniatures from UK Next: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery

RE: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 11:20:53 -0500 (EST)
Subject: RE: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Steve Gill wrote:

> Having watched missile batteries tracking F117s I don't think stealth
is that
> much use on the battlefield. Where it currently appears to be most
useful is
> for strikes into enemy areas if the enemy aren't that technologically
> advanced.

Was this a rapier battery at an airshow with the F117 in visual range?
Sure you can track just about anything at visual range. The Difference
about stealth aircraft is that they are less visible at longer ranges.
The are more effective at deep strikes into defended airspace than
F15's,
F111s and other aircraft that don't use as much stealth techniology.

Remember its a difference between wearing a ghillie suit and standard
camo. In the proper environment used correctly, the ghillie suit will be

more effective at concealing the user. The Camo is useful too. Would you

prefer everyone fight on the battle field wearing white since someone
saw
a guy with a ghillie suit once?

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: [SG2] DESPERATE: Seeking 20mm Miniatures from UK Next: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery