Prev: RE: GEV and Grav Vehicles Next: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]

Re: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list)

From: Brian Quirt <baqrt@m...>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 10:42:55 -0400
Subject: Re: DS2:Alien vegetation (x-list)

> You could use the Bio-Chemical Rules in DS2 (I don't have the rule
book at
> hand), but set the range as 1 or 2 inches from the plants.
>
> Other plants could produce spore clouds when approached. If a plant is
> approached within X inches, the cloud produces a spore cloud. This
cloud has
> no detrimental effect on the units, but treat the spore cloud as smoke
with
> an X+1 inch radius. Fire into an area with the plant could also
produce the
> spore cloud (i.e. the plant is hit and releases the cloud). Give each
plant
> 3 smoke markers.

This is an interesting effect. I'd also put in rules to the effect that
you can make reaction fire (maybe artillery fire) targeted on the spore
cloud. After all, when a plant suddenly releases a 2-300 meter diameter
cloud of spores, you'll notice it. Artillery (especially on-board
artillery) could (house rule) target the spore cloud even WITHOUT a
spotter being used. (PSB- the cloud is probably fairly high, the spores
may float, they may even be radar-reflecting (REALLY-PSB)).

Brian

Prev: RE: GEV and Grav Vehicles Next: Re: [Fwd: flanker New China Radar technology threatens US Stealth Aircraft!]