Prev: RE: SG2/DS2 artillery Next: DSII for the 2020s

RE: SG2/DS2 artillery/CBR/Designators

From: "Brian Bell" <bkb@b...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 17:14:39 -0500
Subject: RE: SG2/DS2 artillery/CBR/Designators

Greetings!

On future and present day battlefields, how long does Counter-Battery
Radar
(CBR) last? It would seem that as soon as the radar is switched on there
would be a shell, rocket, or missile in the air to remove it.

Along the same lines, seeing the trend toward smart or guided
munitions/missiles, I could easily see a counter-designating weapon.
That is
a weapon system similar to PDS that detects target designating lasers
and
send fire back to its point of origin.

This could have a marked effect on the future battlefield.