Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery Next: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery/ortillery

Re: Confederate Flags

From: JohnDHamill@a...
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 15:27:37 EST
Subject: Re: Confederate Flags

In a message dated 11/29/99 2:08:48 AM Central Standard Time,
kaladorn@home.com writes:

<< I think of the flag from the hood of the General Lee (Dodge Charger
with
 welded doors) as the "Confederate Flag". It has an orange field, a blue
 cross, and white stars (number vague...) in the blue cross - Stars and
 Bars I think someone called this. I don't really know about any battle
 flags they may have (since they probably had a few). Was this not the
 flag of the Confederacy? I see something like it was what Nyrath used
on
 his starmap so far.

 If there is a good online reference on some of these flags (that is to
 say Confederate flags of the period), I'd be interested.

 Tom B.
 Who knows a little about the US Civil War, but scarely a smidgeon
 compared to the vast sea of knowledge there is to acquire

The flag to which you refer, known as a "rebel flag", is the battle flag
of
the army of Northern Virginia, it was never the official flag of the
Confederacy as a whole. Many people, including southerners, don't
realize
this, and have used the "stars and bars" to represent the confederacy,
and
their own beliefs, rather than keeping it as an honorable symbol of the
brave
men who fought and died. It would be in keeping for those who have
forgotten
it's history to use it as their national flag...

John
JohnDHamill@aol.com

Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery Next: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery/ortillery