Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery Next: RE: Independence War

Re: DS2/SG2 artillery

From: "I completely agree with you. If the plan fails, we punch faces." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 13:24:01 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: DS2/SG2 artillery

>I think you're seriously off on your data about the atmosphere.  The
SR-71
>cruises at around 85,000 feet which is 16 miles.  Low earth orbit is
much higher
>than that,

Just a tidbit of info re: low Earth orbit: the Hubble telescope is at
what is known as 'high' low Earth orbit, and is around ~370 miles up.

Another bit of trivia. As for a 3 mile thick atmosphere, or space-based
arty being 5 miles away, ummmm...just fyi, but Everest is ~29,235',
which
is over 5 miles above sea level. And while there isn't a whole hell of a
lot of O2 up there to be breathin', people still trudge up to those
altitudes
sans oxygen to stand the 5-some miles above Earth's surface. Everest
base camp
is located ~3 miles above sea level. If the atmosphere were 3 miles
thick,
going up sans O2 would be.....oh, a trifle more challenging.

:-)

PS: Siefert wrote earlier: "I would love to come up with my own Indy
paint job"

Errrr....exactly what *is* my paint scheme, anyways??  ;-)

Indy
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery Next: RE: Independence War