Prev: Ick...(Re: OT: Independence War) Next: Re: SG2/DS2 artillery

RE: SG2/DS2 artillery

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:59:25 +1100
Subject: RE: SG2/DS2 artillery

One reason for towed guns in DS: cost.
It takes a lot less tech, material and money to produce a simple
(relatively) wheeled artillery piece than a high tech grav mobile AT
killer.
A world building an army on the cheap could probably churn out 20-30
towed
artillery pieces + ammo for every self propelled grav that's built.

Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
[mkw] Admiral Peter Rollins; Task Force Zulu