Prev: Re: [OT] Space Fleet Battles Next: Conversions sought Re: Testing, Hallo again and an inexpensive dropship for DS2

Re: [OT] Space Fleet Battles

From: devans@u...
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 06:46:26 -0600
Subject: Re: [OT] Space Fleet Battles

***
What I would realy like to know is can anybody remember how big the
squares
were?
***

Other's have tried to answer, but, unless I missed something, the size
of
the
squares hardly mattered. I don't THINK there was any maneuver inside the
squares, so they were just 'squares'.

On the other hand, I don't think there was any indication of area the
squares
represented in 'real' space (I get a particularly funny feeling using
the
word
'real' in any sci-fi or gaming discussion), so you end up just thinking
'big'.

Sorry, I know this is no help in conversion, but when talking games
granularity,
Space Fleet qualifies as seriously coarse. ;->=

STILL wish I'd gotten further in the Space Fleet/Epic campaign I worked
on,
oh
so many years ago...

The_Beast