Prev: Re: GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea) Next: Re: GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea)

GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea)

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:27:49 -0500
Subject: GZG @ historical cons (was: RE: Another T-shirt Idea)

RWHofrich@aol.com wrote:

> I attend Coldwwars and Historicon regurlarly--and occassionally run
games.	A
> few (3?) of years ago at Coldwars a ran a Full Thrust game that I
created on
> the spot and registered at the desk--mostly because that was the year
we had
> the snow storm hit just before the convention and several game masters
> weren't able to make it in (including the one for a game I had signed
up
> for).  In spite of the late registration of the Full Thrust game (1/2
hour
> before start), I had about 6 people playing.	Of course, that was
under what
> I would consider fluke conditions, but just goes to show that you
never
> really know how much attendance you'll have...

    I'm going to Cold Wars, too.  At present, I'm trying to plan my
convention
schedules for the cons I'm going to attend this spring.  I have to
finish getting
my events submitted for MonCon and ColdWars within the next month or so.
 Oddly
enough, I'm also looking over my events submissions for Origins, which
are due in
January.
    At any rate, if you're going to Cold Wars, are you planning on
running any GZG
events?  I'd hate to schedule another GZG event opposite someone else's
GZG
effort.  Right now, I'm planning on running Charlie Company once on
Saturday
morning, then a different CCo scenario on Sunday morning.  I'm also
planning on
running FT on Saturday evening.  This could change as I'm still waiting
to hear
from RAFM if they're going to be giving me any prize support for the
coming
season.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"No nation should put the burden of war
 on its military forces alone."
 -General William C. Westmoreland,
		  US Army, retired