Prev: Re: Bad Gen Con News. Next: Re: Bad Gen Con News.

Re: Bad Gen Con News.

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:26:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Bad Gen Con News.

The new convention center is still not conplete, but I would think by
2003
the expanded areas should be available.  Placement of the miniatures
area
for the last two years has not been pleasant.  The addition of the
"noisy"
bunch of RPG'ers in the same hall was really annoying.

If the miniatures area was moved close to the main hall especially the
exhibits, it would be well received.  I think the placement made a lot
of us
feel like miniatures gaming is not as welcome as other events.	Wonder
if
this was part of the reason why Sci-Fi Supply didn't show up.

I do remember having fun trying to get a room the first year I attended.

Now I always pre-register very early!  You would think someone might
spring
up a new hotel or two.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 11/23/99 10:42AM >>>
> Thanks a lot WoTC! :-(

I disagree. GenCon has, in recent years, outgrown the Milwaukee
Convention
Center. All you have to do is look at where the miniature events have
been
for the last few years.

Indianapolis will allow us to regain our place beside the rest, as
opposed
to being relegated to the boondocks.

This means more and better press for miniature games, which have the
best
visual impact anyway.

Thanx WoTC :-)

Schoon

Prev: Re: Bad Gen Con News. Next: Re: Bad Gen Con News.