Prev: Re: [OT] Bad Gen Con News. Next: Re: FB Ship Construction

Re: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report

From: Brian Quirt <baqrt@m...>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:40:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Battle at Camelot Comics and Games--After Action Report

> >  I thought the artillery rules were somewhat strange; we didn't play
> >  artillery barrages correctly at first and elected to continue with
the
> >  method we were using.  I'm not sure if it's permissable to lay down
an
> >  artillery barrage inline - the rules seemed to be that a barrage
> >  placement had to be either parallel to your starting board edge or
> >  clumped into a larger diameter circle of effect.
>
> We did this part completely wrong--the area of effect is either a
single 2"
> radius (we were using diameter) circle for concentrated fire or a sort
of
> rectangle with rounded ends and 4" wide but 4 x number of tubes firing
in
> inches long for an open sheaf.  This rectangle could be placed either
> parallel to or perpendicular to own sides starting edge.
>
> >  Marching an artillery
> >  barrage up the map (say, to lay smoke, or hit someone in column)
didn't
> >  seem to be an option.
>
> It was definitely an option--you lay fire on turn one, then adjust on
turn
> two and so on--just like they did it in WW1--the only problem is that
you
> (neither side, actually) didn't really have the ammunition to pull
this off.

There is a set of house-rules somewhere which (from my perspective)
makes MUCH more sense than the current DS artillery rules. In it, for an
open sheaf, you essentially can do the standard rectangle, or an
L-shape, or a box, or anything else (essentially, an open sheaf gives
you N 2"-radius circles which must be adjacent to each other). Whoever
came up with that house rule, please let me know (I've been looking for
it).

Brian

Prev: Re: [OT] Bad Gen Con News. Next: Re: FB Ship Construction