Prev: RE: Stripping paint ... Next: RE: Stripping paint ...

RE: Stripping paint ...

From: "Keith Watt" <kwatt@E...>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:49:17 -0500
Subject: RE: Stripping paint ...

> The worst I have had is one that was glosscoated with the good Krylon
> gloss coating and then coated with Testors dull coat.  I had to let
that
> one soak in pinesol for about 3 days.
>
> One caveat, all pine oils are not created equal where stripping paint
> is concerned.  I only buy PineSol because the cheaper brands are hit
> or miss.

Another safety tip from sad personal experience:  always wear rubber
gloves
when washing and scrubbing the minis in the PineSol bath.  I had all the
skin dry out and peel off both hands.  Not too attractive and rather
painful
for the first couple of days....

Well, now I know, don't I? :-)

Keith

University of Maryland Astronomy
http://www.ExodusProject.com

Prev: RE: Stripping paint ... Next: RE: Stripping paint ...