Prev: RE: T shirt ideas - GZG Convention Next: [URL] GZG-ECC (was: RE: T shirt ideas -)

Re: Stripping paint ...

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:10:43 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Stripping paint ...

On 19-Nov-99 at 10:02, Steve Gill (Steve@caws.demon.co.uk) wrote:
> Michael T Miserendino wrote:
>
> > I should have clarified what I applied acetone to.	I only use it on
> > metal minis.  I think the oven cleaner will be a better all around
> > solution.
>
> When we did a long comparison test on rec.games.miniatures the pinesol
/
> savlon solutions came out way ahead of any of the other products.
>
> Not only do they remove paint from both metal and plastic, but they're
safe
> to use too.
>
> All you have to do is soak the mini in the solution for roughly 24
hours
> then remove it and brush any paint from cracks and crevasses using a
dry
> (old) toothbrush.

The worst I have had is one that was glosscoated with the good Krylon
gloss coating and then coated with Testors dull coat.  I had to let that
one soak in pinesol for about 3 days.

One caveat, all pine oils are not created equal where stripping paint
is concerned.  I only buy PineSol because the cheaper brands are hit
or miss.

Roger

Prev: RE: T shirt ideas - GZG Convention Next: [URL] GZG-ECC (was: RE: T shirt ideas -)