Prev: [FT]: Colony, Search & Rescue Ships Next: Re: [SG/DS] Fighter manoeuvres

Re: Predator models (transparent!)

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 10:08:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Predator models (transparent!)

Simon Bendall wrote:

> Don't know if anyone else saw this but in December issue of
> "Wargames Illustrated" was a photo of 3 30mm transparent
> predator figures.

Whiel I don't have that issue on hand, I'm guessing it was referring to
the
INAP's by Ainsty.

I received the first three in the mail as part of a promotion last
month.

They are made of a brittle resin, not the flexable stuff liek Fortress
Figures.
This can be goo dand bad.  On the good side they are CRYSTAL CLEAR and
beautiful
to behold.  On the bad side they are brittle, and could probably break
if not
handled carefully. In addition, I'm not sure of the effects of long-term
handling on the finish.

Here's their web page for the interested parties:

http://www.btinternet.com/~ainsty/inap.htm

Oh one more notw, these guys are really large.	They would dwarf many GW
figures
and are probably almos twice the height of a GZG figure.  If there is
interest,
I'll photograph them next to some NSL infantry for comparison.

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: [FT]: Colony, Search & Rescue Ships Next: Re: [SG/DS] Fighter manoeuvres