Prev: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen) Next: Predator models (transparent!)

Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 09:19:07 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

On 18-Nov-99 at 09:14, devans@uneb.edu (devans@uneb.edu) wrote:

> ***
> > Salvo Missiles are wonderful anti-pursuit weapons.
> ***
>
> ***
> Yes they are. Are there any FSE ships with a salvo missle launcher
aimed
> backwards like the modern day russian DD (Kashin is it, I forget) with
its
> weapons fit configured for "parting" shots?
> ***
>
> Bozhe'! If there were, I'd be demanding they'd not be able to thrust
and
> fire
> that way. Not that they can't walk away from any fleet *I've* got!

You don't have to fire aft for a parting shots.  Most of my designs
have the SM's configure to fire AP-FP-F, not that it matters for
chases.  The last time I used it this way I dropped it directly on
my CA, that annoying destroyer trying to keep in my blind spot landed
right on it and went boom. :)  They don't follow that close any more.

Roger

Prev: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen) Next: Predator models (transparent!)