Prev: RE: [SG/DS] Fighter manoeuvres Next: Re: Stripping paint ...

Re: Stripping paint

From: "Scott Spieker" <scspieker@n...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 07:59:15 -0500
Subject: Re: Stripping paint

I have done this type of process on a number of occasions and found that
mineral spirits (which I am sure is what the brush revitalizer stuff is)
does the best at pealing even the harshest paints from my metal figures
(I
don't trust plastic since I work in that type of business).  The only
problem that I had in the past was small crevasses and other hard to
reach
spots.

    So one day while I was brushing my teeth, the idea of using the
tooth
brush on the mini would help to remove some of those nasty flakes of
paint
that just wouldn't come off.  It works like a charm.  I have found
myself
using all types of brushes, from tooth brushes to pipe cleaners even
some
brillo-pads.  Once the miniatures are done in the mineral spirits (which
is
highly flammable BTW), I would wash them in water and use just a tiny
bit of
Clorox powder in my hand while working the brush over the mini.  That
helps
to take off the rest of the primer (if there was any) and the remaining
mold
release that was used when the mini was cast.  This leaves the miniature
with a 'dull' appearance, which I find is easier to paint since the
paint
has more to grip without using primer.

Works great, just thought I would share.

Prev: RE: [SG/DS] Fighter manoeuvres Next: Re: Stripping paint ...