Prev: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen) Next: Re: [DS] Micro Armour

Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:54:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

On Thu, 18 Nov 1999, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> > Yeah with the armour its 14 damage points before the BvR makes a
> > check for systems. 12 for the Bonaparte.
>
> ...which the shields transform to on average 15 for the Bonaparte.
> Given average die rolls for everything but the Bonaparte DCPs (who all
> fail miserably for simplicity <g>) the Bonaparte takes just above 50%
> more beam damage to destroy than the Richthofen; if the DCPs are
> counted in as well it creeps closer to 60% more.

All of what you said was true, however we've become sidetracked. The
original crux of my argument was that the Bonaparte was the only ship
capable of running away from the BvR's. Specifically when the Froggies
were trying to disengage.

An even more horrible thing for them to have happen would be to
disengage
from some NSL heavies after dealing out Salvo Missles and run smack dab
into a bunch of NAC mediums and heavies...talk about a rock and a hard
place...

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen) Next: Re: [DS] Micro Armour