Prev: Re: [ft] NAC fleet roster analysed Next: Re: Stripping paint ...

Re: Stripping paint ...

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 16:14:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Stripping paint ...

I've used acetone with good results.  Also, someone once recommended
oven
cleaner.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 11/17/99 12:43PM >>>

Soak over night with . . .
Pine-sol - Works great and eco friendly
or
Brake Fluid - Works real good too, but must be washed with a cleaner
(ahh
like
pine-sol) to remove any residue.
Then scrub with an old tooth brush.  Neither of these should damage the
resin,
but I'd test it on a wheel or turret if your worried.

Ted Arlauskas <ted@naxera.com> on 11/17/99 09:40:31 AM

Please respond to gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU

To:   gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
cc:    (bcc: Aron Clark/AM/Avid)
Subject:  Stripping paint ...

Anyone got any advice on stripping paint from
resin vehicles?  I've got a couple of GZG jeeps
that I spray-painted a base color that I'm not
happy with ...

-Ted

      ted@naxera.com	    |  Visit the LA Palm User Group Home Page
 http://www.naxera.com/ted  |	    http://www.naxera.com/lapug

Prev: Re: [ft] NAC fleet roster analysed Next: Re: Stripping paint ...