Prev: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen) Next: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 13:58:04 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Oerjan Ohlson wrote:

> I'm not entirely sure I'd call 39 "almost as much" as 48 + level-1
> screens (not when the NSL main armament is beams, anyway)... but OTOH
> the Richthofen has more mass devoted to weapons than the Bonaparte :-/

Well, they are fairly close damage wise. But as you say, the Richtofen
can deal far more damage per turn (at a steady rate with out running out

of ammo) than the Bonaparte. Those damage slots it has more of would get

eaten away pretty quick.

Again though, if the Bonaparte is fleeing the last thing it wants is a
Richtofen chasing it down. It won't do well in a slug match. If
anything,
I respect the NSL ships in point blank range slug matches.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen) Next: Re: Fleet Engagements (was: Battle of Neu Bremen)