Prev: RE: Battle of Neu Bremen Next: Re: Romans

RE: Battle of Neu Bremen

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 07:56:52 -0500
Subject: RE: Battle of Neu Bremen

Replies by:
-----
Brian Bell
brian_bell@dscc.dla.mil
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

Star
> Fire. But there are other considerations and here are a few
>
> 1/ It was an Ambush.	What does this mean?
> 2/ Who owned the system at the time NSL or FSE?
> 3/  What does the system look like and what are the main assets found
> there?
> 4/ In a recreated battle both players know more than the original
force
> commanders so how is this "god mode" suppressed?
[snip]

[Bri]
  Again, you could use drones, bogies, and weasle boats to show the
enemy
several groups of enemys to react against.
  Also, in an ambush, the transponder/IFF signals of the ships would be
switched or changed. So the ship that the enemy would know as the "Red
Horse" would show to scanners as "Purple Dragon".
  Allow some lattitude in the ship mix. Take 25-50% of the points and
allow
them to be exchanged for other ships. Still enforce "fleet doctrine" of
mixed fleet (such as 1 ships under 51 mass for every ship 50-100 mass, 2
ships of 50-100 mass for every ship over 100 mass and 4 ships of 101-150
mass for  every ship over 200 mass, or some such house rule).
  Once in scanner range, there is not a lot that can be done.
[/Bri]

[snip]