Prev: re: Vetrens day Next: Map maker, map maker, make me a map...

RE: [FT] Multi-ship stands

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:50:24 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] Multi-ship stands

[snip]
> In an effort to make the best of a bad situation, I've decided to
paint
> them up as a bunch of cargo ships, all with a standard paintjob and
some
> kind of logo on the side -- Interstellar Parcel Service, maybe?

[Bri] How about Inter-stellar Trade, Transport, and Telecommunications
(ITTT)? See GZGPedia entry at
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan/ft/gzgpedia/nationsa2l/nation-ittt.html.
This
unofficial corporation's buisness is transport of goods between
colonies. It
was designed to provide a standard "generic" courier and cargo service
for
the GZG universe. Current paint scheme is light grey base with a large
green
stripe. The green stripe is trimmed with very thin bands of red on each
side. (I will provide a .gif if requested off-list).

> In any case, I don't want to bother with basing them all individually,
so
> I'm toying with the idea of mounting them four to a base.  All the
ships
> on
> a single base would have the same orders, and all would move
> simultaneously.  Attacks would choose which ship they were hitting,
and
> would still use the centerpoint of the base to determine the range.
>
> Are there any aspects of this that I'm not considering, that would
throw
> things out of whack?	The ships will be scenario objectives, not
> combatants, so I don't think that it will matter.  But even so, I'd
like
> know for certain before I break out the epoxy....

[Bri] As others have stated there are three problems:
1) How do you measure distance to the figures? To the center of the
stand?
If to the posts of the individual ships, you may run into problems as
they
turn. If you measure to the center how do you resolve Salvo Missile
attacks?
2) What happens if 1 ship of the group takes damage to an engine
(threshold
check or needle weapon).
3) How to mark casualties.
All of the above can be handled by house rules, but will need to be
stated
before the game.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/
-----

Prev: re: Vetrens day Next: Map maker, map maker, make me a map...