Prev: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean? Next: [FH] PAU

Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 22:52:55 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

>> On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Beth Fulton wrote:
>>
>>  > While pondering the issue of the bugs I suddenly wondered what
kind of
>>  > 'terrain' people have played on. Most games I've seen are grass,
hills,
>>  > forest, swamp, urban etc. Has anyone actually ever played on
>>  > snow/ocean/desert?

A long time ago, in a shop far, far away....  Sorry.  Anyway, we once
did a
15mm SF game that was partially set in an arctic landscape.  The terrain
was amazing: white felt, white sculpted styrofoam hills, and some frozen
lakes that were made of transparent plastic that had been painted from
below.	It looked great, other than the little guys with their bright
green
grass bases....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean? Next: [FH] PAU