Prev: RE: [DS] Ever played on an ocean? Next: RE: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:59:34 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Beth Fulton wrote:

> While pondering the issue of the bugs I suddenly wondered what kind of
> 'terrain' people have played on. Most games I've seen are grass,
hills,
> forest, swamp, urban etc. Has anyone actually ever played on
> snow/ocean/desert?

I've had two games that had forces assaulting over a beach from open
water. I have to saw that GRAV is really required to do one of these if
there is any significant opposition on said beach. The Defenders were
dug
in med tanks and mech infantry with a mine belt.

A followup game had a two pronged attack down a ways from that beach on
another onto a spaceport. One land force assaulted along a road axis.
Another assulted over the beach again and had aircav and Aerospace
support. The defenders had bunkers, Pillboxes and a few big emplaced
guns. Plus Airfield security, a hvy tank platoon and a few detachments
of
mech infantry.

Sometime soon I will do a riverine comabat game with PBRs hover craft,
grav and LCMs.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: RE: [DS] Ever played on an ocean? Next: RE: [DS] Ever played on an ocean?