Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: SV: PenAid SMs

Problems with the new IF/UNSC ship display page

From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@h...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 15:32:25 -0500
Subject: Problems with the new IF/UNSC ship display page

I just visited the new ship display page Jon posted. I had loading
issues (probably because it is across the pond, but maybe not - I
reloaded several times to get both UNSC and IF boxes to come up).
Shortly thereafter my version of Netscape (4.6) went full-processor and
wouldn't respond to UI events. I believe someone else indicated a lockup
problem after visiting this page. Perhaps there is an issue here....

The original page on which the UNSC and IF were posted, though large in
size and slow to load consequently, was very basic and didn't cause any
problems. FWIW, I'd vote for some such system or just a simple thumbnail
gallery with larger picks linked ot the thumbnails - simple HTML, no
need for JavaScript.

Just one experience....

Tom B
Kanata, Ontario, Canada

Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: SV: PenAid SMs