Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs

Re: [OT] Happy Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day.

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:27:09 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Happy Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day.

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Kr'rt wrote:

> To all the vets on the list:
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> That is all....
>
> -=Kr'rt
>
> P.S.	I think "Me-Too" posts won't upset anyone here....

I just got back from the downtown Remembrance Day ceremony here - in the
rain, but it was a good occasion anyway. All the local military units
(Canadian Navy & the Reserves) had units there - a battery of the 5th
Field Artillery for the gun salute (105s provide a grand noise) and
various bands and the like.

Actually getting a crowd (mostly) silent for 2 minutes is impressive -
great to see that many people there despite the rain. Most dramatic
part,
of course, is the march-off after the wreath laying - one of the Cdn.
Ground Forces Reserve units locally is a company of the Canadian
Scottish,
and they showed up in full dress kilts & plaids with a big pipe and drum
band.

If a dozen pipes in full throat don't get to you, nothing will. Also
grand
to see all the veterans marching.

A very good ceremony - and thanks to all the vets, once again.

See <http://warbard.iwarp.com/remember.html> as well.

Thanks,

Brian

Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs