Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: [OT] Happy Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day.

Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs

From: Michael T Miserendino <MTMiserendino@l...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 14:18:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs

>>> owner-gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU at internet 11/11/99 01:43PM >>>
>Put a drive unit at both ends of the pod train. The front module does
the
>main drive (engines on long outriggers?), and the rear one has
>forward-facing outrigger drives for the "retroes". Pull from the front
>go, pull backwards from the rear to stop! Dunno how you'd steer,
>however..... :-)
>Note this isn't a game solution, but a thought on how it might be wmade
>work in "reality".....
>(Anyone else here seen Space Truckers...?) ;-)
>Jon (GZG)

Outrigger engines provide problems of their own such as alignment issues
and
susceptibility to damage.  I never really worried too much about how the
tug
actually towed a ship in FT as you can likely come up with anything to
fit
your scenario including tractor beams or large tenders.

Mike

Michael Miserendino
Senior Software Engineer
Lincoln Re
mtmiserendino@lnc.com

Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: [OT] Happy Remembrance Day/Veteran's Day.