Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: Cry H.A.V.I.C. Tabletop Miniature Game

Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:59:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Tom Granvold wrote:

>    Why couldn't there be the equivelent of air brakes on the barges in
> space?  Each barge could have a small propulsion system controled via
[snip]

But then that isn't a tug, more a modular vessel. Why not go a step
further and make a rigid spine that you attach your cargo containers to
that? It would make an easier method of controlling your thrust and
you'd
have less time servicing each cargo container. Just servicing a ship is
easier than additional depot facilities for serivicing containers too.

With a rigid spine form you then have the flexibility of adding
additional spine sections to provide mounting for more containers.

   CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC DDDDDDD
tt CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC DDDDDDDD
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDD
tt CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC DDDDDDDD
   CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC CCCCC DDDDDDD

C Carco Containers
tt bow thrusters for control
S Spine
D Drive section w/ crew quarters

This has the ability to mount cargo very quicky to the hull then land it

to the surface with shuttles. They are attached to the vessel with hard
points and are less likely to get out of your control. One could also
theoretically separate the drive section from the Crew/Command section.
The latter at the front, the former at the rear.

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Tugs & Firing Arcs Next: Cry H.A.V.I.C. Tabletop Miniature Game