Prev: Nov 11 site Next: OT: Cool looking ships...

Re: PenAid SMs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:51:27 +0100
Subject: Re: PenAid SMs

Oliver wrote:

> I know I was not clear on this, but I envisioned my version of one
> missile in  the salvo being a jammer like this.
>
> If the salvo is on target you roll a die for how many missiles are on
> target. If you roll a six you roll again until you roll a 1-5, this
roll is
> how many missiles are on target.

OK. Seems like I got the numbers of missiles on target wrong when I
looked at this one :-( This intended version is better than normal SMs
if met by 4+ PDS per salvo, not 3+.

The D6-1 version I looked at (erroneously, as it turns out) simply
isn't worth
it - you'd need to pit a single salvo against some 7+ PDS in order to
get
better results than a normal salvo, and with 7+ PDS against a single
salvo
the results are usually pretty neglible anyway :-/

So, this means that a PenAid SM salvo with one jammer warhead and 1D5
missiles on target should be OK at the standard Mass and Cost.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Nov 11 site Next: OT: Cool looking ships...