Prev: Re: UNSC Names Next: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names

A Question For Owen G and the other SG2ers.

From: kaladorn@f...
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:09:57 -0500
Subject: A Question For Owen G and the other SG2ers.

Hi Owen

You caught my attention with a minor comment you made, about equipping
squad with d6/d10 SAWs. The idea intrigued me. Why? If you use that as
a SAW, what do you use 'rule-book' SAWs as? LMGs?

I sort of can see why you'd do this. I can see every squad having a C9
(M249/Minimi if I'm not mistaken). It'll fire from belt, or from rifle
mag. But the round is the rifle round (same impact) and the FP isn't a
LOT higher than the FP of a rifle firing on burst or auto. I can see
the D6 FP almost makes more sense than the D10 FP! And it'll be less
unbalancing for modern TO&Es.

Also, do you think a 1 point increase in FP for a GL is appropriate?
I'm thinking a squad with multi-shot 30mm GLs would be far nastier
than a squad with just ARs. You don't get any sort of burst radius
with ARs, and they are subsumed in the fire combat by adding 1 pip. Is
that a fair reflection? Normally, we tend not to deploy a squad with
every man having an AR, and if so they tend to be
fire-open-load-close-fire variety, rather than stick in the mag and
fire three or five rounds before reloading. I think the addition of
this kind of multi-round GL to every man in the squad would be quite a
gross increase in FP.

Comments?

Thomas Barclay
Software UberMensch
xwave solutions
(613) 831-2018 x 3008

Prev: Re: UNSC Names Next: Re: UNSC SDN-X Names