Prev: Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic Next: RE: New fighter stand idea.

[OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

From: dadams@p...
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 08:19:21 +1000
Subject: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic

<<<
Hi folks!

All this talk about anime led me to dive into my comics bin back at my
parents house. I found a copy of Appleseed! Whoa, I thought, this is
_years_ ago I read those. So after an afternoon with nose in the world
of
the great Shirow, I thought of getting my hands dirty and convert some
landmates from my bitbox. After hitting myself hard over the head,
recovering from such silly notions, I therefore turn to you.

Ahhh,there is nothing like babes and high powered weaponry :-)

And yes there are a girlie on the onlinecatalogue who's suspiciously
alike Deunan... *ahem* *shock* There's Briareos! ; )
<<<

That same range also has some landmates in 25mm. They are quite frankly
crap,
but they are the best approximations for Landmates in that scale. (Maybe
the
Heavy Gear could work, but they are 15mm, they may look out of scale).
If St.Jon
no longer produces them, Saint Nik at Eureka does, and would proberbly
mailorder
to you.

The problems with the kits, is that the head really needs to be pinned
to the
body, as there is NO WAY that sucker glues on normally. I use the
landmate in mu
OU army. I have 1 done up, as a scout/recon element to my HQ squad, but
my army
is hevily mecha-ised (I use Patlabor Helldivers as airborne armour.

Darryl
///Magnus

Prev: Re: [OT] Appleseed & Landmates which is On Topic Next: RE: New fighter stand idea.