Prev: Impending AAR - SG2 Next: Re: SGII tactics?

Re: anti fighter missiles

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 06:56:33 +0100
Subject: Re: anti fighter missiles

Nathan rolfe wrote about the "fighter SMs":

> > > Its a little powerful....maybe if they were restricted to
MASS-intensive
> > > Salvo Missile Racks, rather than Launchers....
> >
> >I don't really think it's that bad, notice they don't do the damage
of
> >a salvo missile, it looks like up to 6 dice of _beam_ damage.  They
have
> >1/2 the CE of a fighter group and they never get a second shot,
unlike
> >fighters.
>
> all damage is exactly like beams against ships and they can still be
shot
> with PDS so any damage against ships will be pretty low. There will
be
> no other types of missiles eg/No interceptors attack etc..

The average damage per salvo which hits will be pretty low, but *all*
these fighter-salvoes will hit (thanks to the 12mu secondary move), and
- if they attack like fighters - *all six* fighter-missiles in the
salvo will attack. Even better, you can't use small ships as decoys
against them (again thanks to the 12mu secondary move). This more than
compensates for their lower average damage per individual
fighter-missile.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Impending AAR - SG2 Next: Re: SGII tactics?