Prev: Re: Dropship Next: Re: New guy (inertialess)

Re: Parity for fighters

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:45:57 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Parity for fighters

<Campaign mode>

Fighters are not bad as they are, they are just a bit too cheap.  We
are raising the cost for fighters across the board by two each.  In
a one off game this won't balance them, but in a campaign game where
you are going to have 20 or 30 fighters destroyed every combat it is
going to make them a bit more painful.

We have also discussed the morale rules and just can't see it.	This
isn't a bunch of drafted bozos, this is a group of fighter jocks who
think they are going to live forever.

One advantage we are going to give to fighters, P-Torp fighters are
going to hit on a 3-6.	At 42 points for a single shot squadron they
might actually be used.  Probably not, but maybe.

We already do ADFC's allow firing at any squadron within 6 inches.

Another possible mod we have discussed is not allowing re-rolls to
fighter squadrons or even doing 9 mass for fighter hanger + 3
mass for a flight deck, you may only launch/recover as many as
you have flight decks.

</Campaign mode>

Roger

Prev: Re: Dropship Next: Re: New guy (inertialess)