Prev: Re: New guy (Lensmen) Next: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles)

Re: New guy (Lensmen)

From: Jeff Miller <shadocat@p...>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 11:14:27 -0800
Subject: Re: New guy (Lensmen)

Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:

> Denny Graver wrote:
> > Cool.  Has anyone done any work on a conversion on the fabled Gurps
> > 'Lensman' book, or even seen it ?
>
>	  I haven't tried any FT conversion, but I helped
>	  with the GURPS book.	I gave Mr. Barrett the list of
>	  screen formulae, and the idea for using Bucky Fuller's
>	  Tensegrity for the Cylinder of Battle.

I always thought the formations were interesting.  Don't know how well
they'd
actually work though.

It's been forever since I read it.  What did they decide about beam
weapons?  Or
did they handwave it like Smith did and assume that people would come up
*something*.

--

Jeff Miller
Program Director/Webmaster for Agamemcon IV

Burbank Airport Hilton	--  June 23-25, 2000
http://www.agamemcon.org

Contact Info:
92 Corporate Park Ste C-330
Irvine, CA 92606
Phone:	(949)643-8352
Fax:	(949)863-9021

Prev: Re: New guy (Lensmen) Next: LRDFC and PDS modes (was: Re: anti fighter missiles)