Prev: royal dutch commonwealth - online at last (again) Next: Re: New guy (Inertialess)

Re: New guy (Lensmen)

From: Jeff Miller <shadocat@p...>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 1999 11:06:03 -0800
Subject: Re: New guy (Lensmen)

Denny Graver wrote:

> >> Inertialess drives? Hmmm. An interesting idea. A assume that you
are
> >> thinking of something like flying saucers that can make right angle
turns
> >> and such.
> >>

> >Actually, I was thinking more about Lensmen.
>
> Cool.  Has anyone done any work on a conversion on the fabled Gurps
> 'Lensman' book, or even seen it ?

Yep.  Got it when it came out.

It was a long time ago and I don't remember how they handled inertialess
movement (except for the potentially unfortunate effect of turning it
off near a
planet).  I think they handwaved the weapons just as Doc Smith did.

--

Jeff Miller
Program Director/Webmaster for Agamemcon IV

Burbank Airport Hilton	--  June 23-25, 2000
http://www.agamemcon.org

Contact Info:
92 Corporate Park Ste C-330
Irvine, CA 92606
Phone:	(949)643-8352
Fax:	(949)863-9021

Prev: royal dutch commonwealth - online at last (again) Next: Re: New guy (Inertialess)