Prev: Re: Brigade's SemFed designs Next: New guy

Re: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 19:56:53 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation

Laserlight wrote:

> Noam will provide a lot more detail on this, but I'm the one who's
now
> a rapidly expanding ball of plasma so I figured I'd start.
>
> An Islamic Federation raider group was closing on a New Israeli
convoy
> when a NI Hunter-Killer group hove into range.
>
> --Forces--
> IF: 2 Ifrit heavy cruisers (mass 70), 2 Qaws SMR cruisers (mass 60),
> one Saber Beam-2 cruiser, one Mameluke DDH.  Points on table 1200 or
> so, no ships had FTL drives.	Start position about 20/70, heading 4,
> speed 12
>
> NI Convoy: 5 freighters, 3 corvettes, 3 "missile bait" escorts (about
> 250 points, not counting freighters), starting about 60/50, heading 3
>
> NI HK: 1 BB, 2 CA, 2 mini-carriers, 4 fighter squadrons, plus about
10
> more "missile bait" escorts. (about 1600 points), starting about
> 10/10, heading 2, speed 16

Hm... all in all about 3:2 odds in the NI's favour, points-wise.
Sub-light ships are more powerful ton for ton than FTL ones, but not
*that* much :-/ Did you  have victory conditions concerning the fate of
the convoy too?

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Brigade's SemFed designs Next: New guy