Prev: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced? Next: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation II (long)

Fighters, was Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced? bloody fighters

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 19:15:47 +0100
Subject: Fighters, was Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced? bloody fighters

Nathan rolfe wrote:

> I would have to agree from my experience the nova and wave cannons
> have proven to be a very unreliable weapon. At the moment the current

> "super weapons" are missiles and fighters which at the moment are
> being taken to the extreme in our current gamming group,

Fighters are fairly easy to defend against, though - the FOR designs on
the web is a good example :-/ Particularly if you use the fighter
morale rules, of course.

> For example some people are turning up with corvettes with fragile
hulls > no weapons PDS and mounting a single missile rack,

That one is a very old problem - well, ever since MT was published,
anyway. There's still no really good way to stop it... fighters can
thin them out considerably, but they usually only get one shot against
a high-speed missile strike.

> and another good one is a mass 50 odd ship with fragile
> hull and thrust two with 4 fighter bays.

That one is fairly easy to counter, though :-/

> I will admit that fighters are a part of the game and add to it but
when you > play a 4000 point game and 26 attack fighters come at you
and destroy 3 > battle ships in a turn and the game is over before any
ship to ship > combat takes place.

Where were your Interceptors? (Well, OK, standard fighters work pretty
well against Attack ones too, but Interceptors are extremely good -
especially when all the enemy squadrons are stacked together :-) )

Best wishes,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced? Next: [FT AAR] New Israel/Islamic Federation II (long)