Prev: DS - BUGS!!! Next: Re: [FT] my take on the UNSC SDN-X

[FT] my take on the UNSC SDN-X

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 12:14:13 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [FT] my take on the UNSC SDN-X

This is based off of looking at the miniature.	This thing looks like
a US govt republican (IE, big contributions from all the military
manufactureres) committee designed it.	There's more pork in this
thing than in the sausage the US collectively had for breakfast.

Anyway, there are two things I don't like, one is the weak hull,
however...

First, if you don't give it a weak hull it tops the scales at
351 without any armor.	That would be OK EXCEPT this things feels
lighter than my FSE SDN.

Second, it is obviously a dispersed structure.	Those big wings
are vulnerable points.

The other thing I didn't like is I couldn't fit fighter groups on
without pushing it over the edge.  Anyway, here it is:

UNSC SDN-X

 Hull Displacement	  290
 Point Cost		  1057
 Hull Strength		  Weak (14/14/13/13)
 Hull Armor		  10
 Streamlinin		  None
 Thrust 		  4
 FTL Capable
 Passive Sensors
 Active Sensors 	  Superior
 ECM			  Area-Effect

 Screen 		  Level 2
 Fire Control System	  (5)
 ADFC			  (1)
 PDS			 (12)

 MT Missiles		  (3) EMP
 MT Missiles		  (3) Needle
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher   FP F
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher   FP F
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher   FP F
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher   F FS
 Pulse Torpedo Launcher   F FS
 Pulse Torpedo Launche	  F FS
 SML			  (2)
 SM Magazine		  Cap: 12  (6 / 4 ER salvos)
 Beam / 3		  FP F FS
 Beam / 3		  F FS
 Beam / 3		  FP F
 Beam / 2		  FP F FS
 Beam / 2		  FP F AP
 Beam / 2		  F FS AS
 PDS			 (12)

Roger

Prev: DS - BUGS!!! Next: Re: [FT] my take on the UNSC SDN-X