Prev: Re: [FT] .....bloody fighters Next: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced? bloody fighters

Aegis Cruisers

From: "Nik" <niklinnell@g...>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 18:38:03 +1100
Subject: Aegis Cruisers

Roger Books wrote

>If you know people are going to be coming at you with 15+ >fighter
>groups it is pretty easy to deal with them.  15 fighter groups
>is 135 mass on the carrier.  How many PDS's with ADFC can >you put
>in 135 mass?  Make an Aegis cruiser and keep your ships >within 6
inches.
>As a matter of fact 90 mass of PDS's and ADFC's should easily >handle
>15 fighter groups.  If they have SML backups then the 135 might >be
>necessary if you don't dodge well.
I just want to say that the fighters are not all I take.  It is a very
dumb
idea to have a one dimensional attack plan.  So in response to the Aegis
cruiser it would probably be high on my list of things to kill with the
battle line ships I have.  The current doctrine that has raised its head
in
our games group is to place an ADFC on every ship bigger than a DDH with
higher level on PDS on long term survivalbility ships eg BB or higher.

Cheers
Nik Linnell Tasmania Australia

Prev: Re: [FT] .....bloody fighters Next: Re: [FT] Who said Nova cannon's were unbalanced? bloody fighters