Prev: RE: Underwater questions [ot] Next: RE: anti fighter missiles

Re:anti fighter missiles

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 18:15:24 -0800
Subject: Re:anti fighter missiles

At 5:56 PM -0800 11/3/99, Nathan rolfe wrote:
><x-flowed>hello
>
>For some time i have been thinking about designing a anti figher missle
>system, At the moment the best idea i have had so far is a sort of flak
>missile. This is how they work: They are launched like a salvo missile
and
>go off before fighters do secondary moves, every fighter group within
2" of
>the missle marker has 3 dice roled against it and all damage is worked
out
>the same way as for PDS with re-rolls on a 6, all groups within 2-3"
have 2
>dice rolled against them and any groups within 3-4 have 1 dice rolled
>against them. Against ships the damage is the same for PDS with only 1
>dammage done on a 6. Please send any comments.
>
>Nathan

That's a bit on the nasty side. My first problem is with the 'every
fighter group' part, then I'm not sure if the missile gets a re-roll.
How about 1d6 attacks are made on randomly selected fighter groups
with 2" (or 3") of the salvo are attacked. That makes them parallel
to the SML and we can call them a different salvo type. They'd be
interchangeable with SML reloads and would provide a lot of variety
to missile armed ships and make campaign game logistics even more
interesting (read as difficult). Come to think of it, SMLs are pretty
nasty so I withdraw my objection to the rerolls.

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
If you hear a ringing in your ears, don't answer it.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: RE: Underwater questions [ot] Next: RE: anti fighter missiles