Prev: Kravak PBEM Player Wanted Next: Comments on Independent Antarctics

Re: Comments on various designs...

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 19:16:49 +0100
Subject: Re: Comments on various designs...

Jeff Lyon wrote:

> <mucho snippage>
>
> >Of course, this all leads up to my own Catoism: FB Hull should only
> >cost 1xMass, Armour should cost 2xMass <G>
>
> I remember you mentioning this once before and it made a lot of sense

> to me in terms of play balance.  But as I recall, you shied away from
it
> since it would invalidate all the current FB designs.

It won't invalidate them - they'd still be legal designs once their
NPVs are adjusted. It just makes several of them rather sub-optimal
designs :-/

OTOH, many of those that are sub-optimal now - the ESU Manchuria family
of designs, for example - would start making a lot more sense... I
guess it evens out, though experienced FB players will probably have to
relearn how to design effective ships <g>

> Seems to me that it would just reduce the NPV's by 1 point per hull
box.
> If this were a rule change that Jon and playtesting teams wanted to
> implement, then it would seem that FB2 would be a good time to do it.
> Couldn't the revised costs be listed as errata in the new book?

Guess why I keep repeating it <G>

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Kravak PBEM Player Wanted Next: Comments on Independent Antarctics