Prev: Re: Terrian Programs Etc Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

RE: FMA

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 00:30:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: FMA

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999 devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> Sidebar, please note that Jon didn't INVENT opposed die rolls, as a
> particularly snide historical gamer pointed out to me when he had
asked
> me about DSII while standing at a con booth. Not that I wasn't aware
of it
> in other systems.
>
> All I could think was, here's a guy asking me for information on a
game,
> and shows such gratitude as to cop an attitude. No wonder I can't get
> some young GW players to consider historicals.

This sounds familiar... I was setting up a game at our gaming club's
meeting last Sunday - Fantasy Rules!, with 15mm figs from various
companies - and one of the local GW players wanders by - this guy also
works at the local GW store.

Turns out this prat is one of those "GW Is The One True Gaming Company,
And The Font of All Creativity" types - he can't look at a single mini
in
my boxes without figuring it to be a rip-off of some GW product... Then
this prat starts telling, with grisly relish, various unlikely stories
of
GW's legal trashing of, it seems, every other game company in the world.

My gaming friends wonder why I dislike GW so much...

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
      -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	      - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: Re: Terrian Programs Etc Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]