Prev: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt) Next: Subs

Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 22:46:29 +0100
Subject: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt)

 Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:

[about Striker and its relatives]

> Command Decision is the WW2 game

That's the one, yes.

> Over the Top is the WW I game and Combined Arms is the late cold
> war/modern version It was designed to play about as fast as a real
time > battle with a turn on the floor taking up about 15 minutes of
combat turn
> and hopefully (with those experienced slightly with the rules) the
turn
> would take about fifteen minutes to play out on the real-time clock.

IMO this depends very much on the size of the battle. The only reason
the Market-Garden game played as fast as it did was that the Allies
didn't have very many options, and the Germans sat hidden in prepared
positions most of the time... even so, it took us about ten minutes per
turn simply to move all the Allied models.

Of course, I don't know any other miniatures game which allows you to
field an entire armour division without getting bogged down <G>
'Course, we didn't get all our forces onto the gaming table (which was
some 4 meters; our single-file marching column was longer than that...
I'm very glad I didn't have to paint all those models <g>)

[snip]

The 'net is wonderful for game support :-)

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Striker (was: Re: Scale of Stargrunt) Next: Subs