Prev: RE: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???

From: Do not pass when solid yellow line is on your side of the road <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 12:03:32 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???

>>>Thanks, I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember seeing
>>>something to the point that half of all real NASA rocket Scientists
don't
>>  >know how to program their VCRs. Prolly BS but it make s apoint.
>>
>>Actually it has some basis. Many professional astronomers couldn't
>>point out the constellations for you, much less know which con-
>>stellation is which ("Big Dipper? I'm more interested in LTT 5721
>>at coords 14 29 42 by -62 40 46!"*)
>>
>>* - bonus points for anyone who can name that star  ;-)
>
>That's either on the bright star or binary lists, I'm guessing it's
>Polaris. A web search failed me :-(

Actually it's on neither list (ummmm...okay, might be on the binary
list,
as it is a companion to a multi-star system). And being 11th mag, a
little
too faint to be seen naked eye (Polaris is mag ~1.9).

(hint: try looking it up on SIMBAD)

Mk
---
"Fear holds us and binds us and keeps us from growing.	It kills a small
piece of us each day.  It holds us to what we know and keeps us from
doing
what's possible, and it is our worst enemy.  Fear doesn't announce
itself;
it's disguised and it's subtle.  It's choosing the safe course; most of
us
feel we have 'rational' reasons to avoid taking risks.	The brave man is
not
the one without fear but the one who does what he must despite being
afraid.
To succeed you must be willing to risk total failure."
		-Raymond Feist

Prev: RE: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]