Prev: RE: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]

Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@f...>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 08:18:17 -0800
Subject: Re: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA???

At 10:49 AM -0500 11/2/99, Do not pass when solid yellow line is on
your side of the road wrote:
>  >>Los, you are my hero. :)
>>>
>>>Not only do you write great stories (Rot Hafen rocks), not only are
you a
>>>person who has "been there, done that", not only that but... you can
work a
>>>VCR.
>>>
>>>Truly, a genius. :)
>>>
>>>Jeremy
>>
>>Thanks, I don't know if this is true or not, but I remember seeing
>>something to the point that half of all real NASA rocket Scientists
don't
>  >know how to program their VCRs. Prolly BS but it make s apoint.
>
>Actually it has some basis. Many professional astronomers couldn't
>point out the constellations for you, much less know which con-
>stellation is which ("Big Dipper? I'm more interested in LTT 5721
>at coords 14 29 42 by -62 40 46!"*)
>
>* - bonus points for anyone who can name that star  ;-)

That's either on the bright star or binary lists, I'm guessing it's
Polaris. A web search failed me :-(

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.
If you hear a ringing in your ears, don't answer it.
http://www.flash.net/~maserati/

Prev: RE: OT Query: Starship Troopers- MIA??? Next: Re: Underwater questions [ot]