Prev: Re: [OT] Re Underwater questions Next: RE: Terrain based on Actual Places

[ot] email hoaxes pages (was: RE: [OT] Religious Freedom (in the US))

From: Do not pass when solid yellow line is on your side of the road <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 07:08:23 -0500 (EST)
Subject: [ot] email hoaxes pages (was: RE: [OT] Religious Freedom (in the US))

[...]
>> I received the following message from a friend. I consider this a
real
>> threat
>> to my freedom:
>
>[Snip}
>
>    Sorry Donald, I'm afraid that your friend sent you an Urban Legend:
>
>http://www.scambusters.org/otherhoaxes10.html

I don't mean to preach about this stuff, but I get *so* many of these
email virus warnings/hoaxes from well-meaning friends that it isn't
funny. In addition to the scambusters page Mark mentioned above, here
are two other places you can cross-check any kind of alarmist warnings
or virus warnings:

   http://ciac.llnl.gov/ciac/CIACHoaxes.html

   http://kumite.com/myths/

I don't know if there are any other pages out there in support of
pruning
email hoaxes/virii but wouldn't be surprised if there are.

>    Don't worry.  I fell for the one about the car and the JATO rocket
pack.

Heheh.	:)

Mk
-
Daune: "How can you be asleep and getting ready at the same time?"

Indy: "I'm multi-tasking..."

Prev: Re: [OT] Re Underwater questions Next: RE: Terrain based on Actual Places