Prev: Re: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: [OT] Religious Freedom (in the US)

Re: Scale of Stargrunt

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 23:48:07 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Scale of Stargrunt

On Mon, 1 Nov 1999 Aron_Clark@digidesign.com wrote:

> I love it, let us know how it all turns out.	Actually that's a pretty
good
> idea, has anyone else thought of using maps or drawing of real
locations for
> their SG / DS games?	I'll have to keep that in mind.
>
> > I'm essentially trying to set up a (reasonably) true-to-scale
assault on the
> central campus of my university

If you want really, really detailed maps of small areas - SG2 or FMA
size
- contact your local orienteering club. These are the people who run
around in the woods (and other places) finding flags using clues and
really detailed maps.

They start with basic gov't maps, then go out and resurvey an area and
add
all the little details. Really great if you want a real (or just
realistic) setting for a small-unit action.

Even better, go out and run the orienteering course - you'll get actual
exercise and get to see what the terrain looks like for real before
re-doing it on tabletop!

The local club does events in lots of the local parks - urban & wild -
and
even odd places like the university campus...

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
      -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	      - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: Re: Underwater questions [ot] Next: Re: [OT] Religious Freedom (in the US)