Prev: Re: Deckplan page Next: Re: [FT] PBeM

Re: Deckplan page

From: "Neil" <rppl@p...>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 01:30:41 -0700
Subject: Re: Deckplan page

----------
> From: Matthew Seidl <seidl@vex.cs.colorado.edu>
> To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
> Subject: Re: Deckplan page
> Date: Thursday, October 28, 1999 10:42 AM
>
> On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 13:26:38 -0400, Thomas Pope writes:
> >Sean Bayan Schoonmaker wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm working on the Waldburg next, and already have the "Personell
Shuttle"
> >> done.
> >
> >I just posted the shuttle to the page
>
>http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~tpope/miniatures/games/full-thrust/deckplans.htm
> >
> >Comments on the Light Cruiser:
> >
> >- I'd put more of the enlisted bunks together rather than spreading
them
all o
> >ut
> >  over the ship.  Whiel you do get the effect of cramming bunks
wherever
they
> >  fit, the impression I got was that the generally had more
centralized
> >  quarters...
> >- No recreation rooms.  One a FSE ship of this size, I'd expect a few
rec area
> >  like gyms, movie rooms, etc.  Again, perhaps more of a centralized
design.

> >More thougts later...
> >

> That was my opinion as well.	Too many quarters spread all over the
> place, and not enough large gathering places.  4 seperate galleys?
> No gym, no rec space.
>
> I wonder, are the deck planes of modern warships and subs available
> anywhere?  Might make a really good starting point.
>
> -=- Matthew L. Seidl		email: seidl@cs.colorado.edu
   =-=
> =-= Graduate Student			Project . . . What Project?
   -=-
> -=- http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/Home.html	   -Morrow
Quotes
  =-=
> =-= http://www.cs.colorado.edu/~seidl/lawsuit

  -=-

Some other things you might want to add are a ships laundry,elecronic
and
mechanical workshops,small arms magazine and 1 or 2 damage control
headquarters with tools for the dc parties to muster during action
stations. Also one thing that could add interest for a skirmish game
would
be a number of escape hatches connecting different spaces,these would
not
be apparent to an attacker on a casual search but their locations would
be
well known to the crew allowing them to come up behind an attacker.
just some thoughts, Neil

Prev: Re: Deckplan page Next: Re: [FT] PBeM